The Mystery of History Volume II, “The Early Church and the Middle Ages” (Second Edition, Color Hardback)
Spanning the Early Church and Medieval times, our new Second Edition of Volume II offers much of the same award-winning content as the First Edition. However, it’s now in a colorful hardback with a digital Companion Guide included (via a download code inside the cover) giving you over 500 pages of new and improved activities, mapping exercises, quizzes, literature lists, and much more.
For a limited time, the author’s discounted website price includes one FREE quarter of the Second Edition Audiobook MP3 (a $12 value!)
The Mystery of History Volume II, Second Edition (Hardback)
“The Early Church and the Middle Ages” by Linda Lacour Hobar
Our new edition offers three major improvements:
- For durability, the book is now a hardback—matching the popular layout of The Mystery of History Volumes I, III, and IV.
- For interest, we added more than 400 beautiful color images and dozens of colorful maps—handpicked by the author to be edifying and historically accurate. (Hundreds of fact-filled captions are included!)
- For convenience, the book contains a download code to access a 500+ page digital Companion Guide containing pretests; activities for younger, middle, and older students; timeline directions; mapping exercises; quizzes; literature suggestions; and much more—allowing you to customize this course to suit your needs. (A paper version of the Companion Guide is available as a separate purchase for those who would prefer it.)
- Does the Digital Companion Guide come with the Reader? Yes! Through a unique download code in the front of the book, you have access to a digital PDF Companion Guide containing all kinds of tools like pretests, activities for all ages, timeline directions, mapping exercises, quizzes, literature suggestions, and more.
- Will the Second Edition still work for “all ages?” Yes! Students as young as 1st grade can enjoy the stories of medieval times even more—with the addition of 400+ color images and maps in the text and updated hands-on activities (with photos). Middle students can glean even more from the Companion Guide—with enhanced activities, new photos, and improved mapping exercises. Older students can continue to adapt the program to meet a high school credit through stimulating activities and literature suggestions on a high school level.
- Will the First Edition Audiobook match the Second Edition text? Not exactly. With the opportunity to rewrite the text, the author made vast changes in the Second Edition by providing additional detail, richer vocabulary, and more pronunciations. However, the author did NOT rewrite entire lessons or change the chronological order of them. So, while listening to the First Edition may be convenient in a pinch or on a road trip, a student would not want to be reading from the Second Edition at the same time. We have Quarter 1 of the Second Edition available now (with or without music) and the other quarters are in the making!)
- If I sell the hardback down the road, will the download code be reusable? No. The download code falls under a one-time family license through the publisher, Bright Ideas Press. However, you can purchase a digital Companion Guide (downloadable PDF)—or a paper version— allowing a secondary book owner to have access to the popular curriculum components.
- I'm looking for an e-book of The Mystery of History, Volume II. Do you have one? Yes, we have a Volume II e-book, but only in the First Edition. A Second Edition e-book will be released at an undetermined future date.
- I would prefer a paper version of the Companion Guide. Will there be one? Yes! It's available now for your convenience. (Some folks just like paper; we understand.)
- My co-op is using the First Edition black and white paperback. Can I still buy one from you? No. We are all out of the First Edition paperbacks. However, it may still be for sale through other wholesalers or through the used book market. We highly recommend that groups use the same edition! There are enough differences between the First and Second Edition, that using them together would be a challenge for readings, quizzes, and assignments from the Companion Guide. Talk to us about school and co-op licensing!
|Dimensions||10.25 × 8.25 × 1.125 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.