The Mystery of History Volume II, “The Early Church and the Middle Ages” (Second Edition, Color Hardback)
Our new Second Edition offers much of the same award-winning content as the First Edition. However, it’s now in a colorful hardback with a digital Companion Guide* included (via a download code inside the cover) giving you over 500 pages of new and improved activities, mapping exercises, quizzes, literature lists, and much more.
*The digital Companion Guide will be released at a later date than the Reader. We apologize for the inconvenience but we didn’t want to hold back on the Reader while we finished up the final details of the guide.
- Now accepting Pre-sales! Once books arrive (in May/June), pre-sale pricing will be replaced with our year-round standard discount and “Best-Seller Bundle” package.
For a limited time, our Pre-sale includes:
- FREE Volume II First Edition Audiobook CD set (a $48.95 value)
- A signed copy by the author
The Mystery of History Volume II, Second Edition (Hardback)
“The Early Church and the Middle Ages” by Linda Lacour Hobar
Our new edition offers three major improvements:
- For durability, the book is now a hardback—matching the popular layout of The Mystery of History Volumes I, III, and IV.
- For interest, we added more than 400 beautiful color images and dozens of colorful maps—handpicked by the author to be edifying and historically accurate. (Hundreds of fact-filled captions are included!)
- For convenience, the book contains a download code to access a 500+ page digital Companion Guide containing pretests; activities for younger, middle, and older students; timeline directions; mapping exercises; quizzes; literature suggestions; and much more—allowing you to customize this course to suit your needs. (A printed version of the Companion Guide will soon be released as a separate purchase for those who would prefer it.)
- Will the Companion Guide be released with the Reader? No. The digital download will be released after the Reader. We apologize for the inconvenience but we didn't want to hold back on the Reader while we finished up the final details of the guide. We will release what we have when we have it so you can get started!
- Will the Second Edition still work for “all ages?” Yes! Students as young as 1st grade can enjoy the stories of medieval times even more—with the addition of 400+ color images and maps in the text and updated hands-on activities (with photos). Middle students can glean even more from the Companion Guide—with enhanced activities, new photos, and improved mapping exercises. Older students can continue to adapt the program to meet a high school credit through stimulating activities and literature suggestions on a high school level.
- Will the First Edition Audiobook match the Second Edition text? No. With the opportunity to rewrite the text, the author made vast changes in the Second Edition by providing additional detail, richer vocabulary, and more pronunciations. However, the author did NOT rewrite entire lessons or change the chronological order of them. So, while listening to the First Edition may be convenient in a pinch or on a road trip, a student would not want to be reading from the Second Edition at the same time. The author will record a word for word revision of the audiobook in the future, but that is a 1-2 year project!
- If I sell the hardback down the road, will the download code be reusable? No. The download code falls under a one-time family license through the publisher, Bright Ideas Press. However, in the near future, you can purchase a digital Companion Guide (downloadable PDF) —allowing a secondary book owner to have access to the popular curriculum components.
- I'm looking for an e-book of The Mystery of History, Volume II. Do you have one? Yes, we have a Volume II e-book, but only in the First Edition. A Second Edition e-book will be released at an undetermined future date.
- I would prefer a paper version of the Companion Guide. Will there be one? Yes! It will be made available as a separate purchase as soon as possible.
|Dimensions||10.25 × 8.25 × 1.125 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.