Homeschooling means we are going to have good days—and yes, we are going to have bad days. But, what do we do when we have those difficult days? It is most tempting to focus on what is right in front of us. We can think the problem has to do with the immediate. But maybe we need to go back to the root. Today in the podcast I talk about “Laying a Firm Foundation” in your homeschool.
Consider this word picture. If Christian homeschooling were a house, it would have at least three main parts:
- First, every house need a foundation (a biblical worldview and legal requirements)
- Second, every house needs a frame (everyday home life/chores/ meals)
- Third, every house has multiple rooms (school subjects)
What part of your homeschool is in the best shape with this word picture in mind? What part needs some attention?
Again, when we have a terrible day, we’re tempted to look at all the rooms and the things that are right in front of us. But, there is always value in stepping back at the end of a bad day or bad week to examine or re-examine the foundation. And this is something we may have to do a lot! I think Christians would also call this having, or strengthening, a biblical worldview of education. And that, my friends, is what this podcast is all about.
What you will hear in this Podcast
You will be refreshed, strengthened, and encouraged to:
- Pan back to see the big picture
- Receive Scriptures to refresh, challenge, and assist you
- Distinguish between God’s law and man’s law and remember WHY that is crucial
- Learn two principles that are important in laying a firm foundation
- Remember four historical points that will help us in laying a firm foundation